St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub - A personal review ;)

by - September 13, 2015

Just realized that my skin condition has been deteriorated. I’ve recently noticed some spots (skin blemishes) on my face and I look old!

Back in university I was very conscious about my skin. I'll scrub my face using St. Ives apricot scrub once a week, wash my face using Neutrogena facial cleanser and apply Olay moisturizer onto my face everyday, and I will put on a face mask to moist my skin at least twice a week. I have a completely blemish free and glowing skin back then.

I am not exaggerating... It's true. :)

Then when I started working I don't really bother to invest on any skincare products anymore knowing the fact that I have no serious problem with my skin so why should I be bothered to spend on skincare products? So I use Dettol Soap (pack of 3) to wash my face instead, and I use cooking salt to scrub my face because it's cheap and I also use any body lotion like Johnson's Baby Lotion and Victoria's Secret Hand & Body Lotion as my moisturizer. Haha! I am such a cheapskate! I know...

May be when you are a student and you're not using your own earned money so you don't have guilt to spend. I miss being a student...!

Back to my skin, honestly it's quite frustrating and it scares me. I told myself that I really need to do something about it, so I went to the drugstore and bought one of my favorite scrub back in university days... 

St. Ives blemish control apricot scrub - my favorite face scrub!

Right size grains and it works like magic. The smell and its creamy feel is fantastic!

Deep exfoliation factor... Honestly I think it does everything that it promises. For the price (I bought it for RM 19), you can't beat it. :)

I absolutely love St. Ives apricot scrub. It makes my skin feeling soft, smooth and clean and the smell is so wonderful, so refreshing and so relaxing. It really helps to improve my skin complexion.

I normally use medium hot water to rinse my face before and after application of the scrub. After that, I will put on Safi Balqis White Trilogy toner (bought on the same day I bought the scrub and it costs me only RM6!) to sooth my face. Honestly, my skin has never felt so great!

I need to get myself face mask and moisturizer cream to complete my beauty routine and I am thinking of getting the face mask from Sephora and Olay face cream for my daily use. I really need to restart taking care of my skin because at the end of the day it's a good investment that my future would thank me for. :)

Last but not least, always remember, expensive and high end does not always equate to better.

You May Also Like

0 comments